From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvclass property node sub menu

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, i am relativly new to OOP in labview and have a question about creating accessor vis.

when you make an accessor vi available through property nodes is it possible to group them into sub menus?

i have attached an image below showing the property node for this VI where there are several sub menus in which more properties are located. is this possible in lvclasses? and if so how would i go about acheiving this.

sub menu.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,415 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author carbon32

See here - http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvdialog/c_item_lib_page/

Localized Long Name—Specifies the name that a Property Node using Name Format»Long Names displays when you access the selected property. This name also appears in the property selection menu that appears when you click the Property Node to select a property.

If you include a colon in the Localized Long Name, the property selection menu includes a submenu for the information following the colon.

You get to this page by right clicking the class in the project window and select Properties.

Thank you, i tried using clons and many other symbols in order to make the sub menu however i did not try putti them into the localized long name field.

as an addition to the original question,misnit possible to place a seperator bar in the sub menu? An example of this would be between the browse option and the rest of the items on the menu or when the properties fall under a more specific class in the class hierarchy? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,361 Views)

@carbon32 wrote:

as an addition to the original question,misnit possible to place a seperator bar in the sub menu?

I doubt it. The lines are supposed to show the inheritance levels, so I'm pretty sure the only way to have them is to define the properties in child classes.

(3,342 Views)

I shall give that a go.

Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,307 Views)