LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load error code 3 unable to load front panel

Hi all,

Wrote a vi in 8.6 and saved it for 8.5 for collaborators. When they run it up pops the error code 3 unable to load front panel. Memory full. see attached picture.

Has anyone any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Regards,

leeser

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,275 Views)

post the code, both the 8.6 and the saved for 8.5 versions.

Also see if you are using a function that is discussed in the release notes for 8.6.

Third, what happens when you load the 8.5 version on your machine (install 8.5 on your system too! if you haven't allready done this)

LAST but most urgently--- Why are you working on a multi-developer project without a common IDE version?  Smiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,256 Views)
That error is indicative of a front panel object being corrupt. Or, you saved it without a front panel.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,250 Views)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments,

Attached is the code (zipped). Excuse the bulkiness of the block diagrams. It basically controls a rotation stage and makes an avi at specific times/angles. The motor stage is ActiveX controlled.

As I don't have access to the hardware I am writing semi-blind. However, when I did visit them and had a quick look at the code I could get it to work by quickly including the subvis into a new main vi and obviously compiling it in 8.5. (may be onto something here!Smiley Wink)

Different versions of the labVIEW -> doing a group a favour; I have v8.6 they have v8.5, wrote it in v8.6 saved it for v8.5. I don't have v 8.5. I also have v 8.2.1 on a different machine. Saved it for v8.2.1 and it opened no problem in 8.2.1. Will send this version on and see how they get on. More likely to be forward compatible???

I agree that the optimal situation is 1) use the same version of labview and/or

2) they get someone to do their coding on-site!!!!Smiley Tongue

I think the corrupt front panel object could be true given that I could get it to work when the subvis were included in a new main vi on-site.

so versions 8.6, 8.5 and 8.2 attached.....

regards,

Leeser

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,232 Views)

Just heard back from my colleagues that the 8.2.1 version opens no problem and can be edited etc.

I know this doesn't address the issue but is a workaround and my colleagues are happy to run with it. However, if anyone does determine the fault or error I'd be grateful to know for future reference

regards,

Leeser

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,218 Views)

As long as your 8.6 is licensed you caan load 8.5 as well.  Put a call into your local NI rep and they will promptly provide media for you to install the version you need.

(A solution in the hand is worth 3 workarounds)  After you and your co-developers have a common IDE your issue will be moot. (Although, burning curiosity may drive someone to continue investigation)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,208 Views)