LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive block diagram

Solved!
Go to solution
When I run my VI, a traditional State Machine, I cannot use any of the buttons on the block diagram toolbar, or probe the block diagram. Nothing on the block diagram is accessible, so I opened each state in a separate VI to see if the problem followed, but it goes away. This issue seems to only occur with this particular VI, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot it. I am currently running 8.5. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,058 Views)

Set VI properties>Execution>Allow debugging>

debug.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,050 Views)
"Allow Debugging" was already checked. When I click on the block diagram while the vi is running I hear the classic "dong" noise associated with a unresponsive application, but the vi continues to run.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,023 Views)

Odd,

Can you post the vi?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,016 Views)
Is the code reentrant? If so you will have to chge the code to edit mode. If you go to the operate menu and then drop down about half way change to edit mode.
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,012 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NIPEN
Seems that my FP was modal not default, which caused all my problems. Thank you very much to those that tried to help me.
Message 6 of 7
(2,996 Views)

NIPEN wrote:
Seems that my FP was modal not default, which caused all my problems. Thank you very much to those that tried to help me.

That makes some sense.  Modal FP means that no other LabVIEW window will be allowed to get focus unless the window is minimized.  Hence, although your mouse can move over the BD you get no clicks just bongs.  Thanks for posting the solution!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,956 Views)