cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d curve error 97

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

Im still a newbee to LabVIEW, but I have to make a simple program, that can collect tree forces, each direction (X Y Z), and then Ill have to display them with a 3D curve. So I went for the 3D curve VI, and added the tree koordinates. But all I get is error 97??

I have tried to browse for simple 3D examples and help to the error, also Ive tried to make a new VI only with the 3D curve VI and tree constants for xyz, but without succes (same error), what do I do? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,948 Views)

All I found in documentation for error 97 was "Null Refnum was passed in as input"

It is difficult to speculate how this error would occur without seeing your code.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,943 Views)
Ok here it goes. I havnt hooked my system up with the DAQ assistant yet, so Im simply using a square to test the functions. So what I wanted was a 3D graph of three forces M1-2 (X), M2-2(Y) and T-2(Z). So (as a newbee) I thought that I simply could connect the 3D curve graph ass I did? 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,934 Views)
Hmm the examples wont work either labview\examples\general\graphs\3dgraph.llb same error and a "Control could not be loaded" at the front panel? Could it be my machine? I run Windows / 64bit ? 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,929 Views)

Hi Bjarne,

I can run both your VI and the examples on my computer without any errors.

Which Windows 64bit are you running XP/Vista/7?

What version of LabVIEW do you have installed?

Is is 32bit or 64bit version?

Have you tried repairing LabVIEW?

Regards,
Eirikur Runarsson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,889 Views)
Hm thats strange. I have a Lenovo X301 with windows 7 pro and LabVIEW 9.0f2 (64 bit). But no I havnt tried to repair, how do you do that? 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,884 Views)
  1. Open the Control Panel > Programs and Features > National Instruments Software.
  2. On that list you will find LabVIEW 2009. Highlight it and click the repair button.
  3. Put in your LabVIEW CDs/DVDs or browse to location where you have the distribution and click the OK button.
After the repair has finished try opening and running either your VI or the examples and see if the components that where missing are installed now.
Regards,
Eirikur Runarsson
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,878 Views)
Thanks Ill try that when I get home. By the way, could there be some updates that I might be missing? Were can I control that?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,870 Views)

Hi Bjarne,

If by updates you mean patches you can see that in Help>About LabVIEW or in MAX under My System>Software>LabVIEW 2009.

You previously wrote that you have LabVIEW 9.0f2 which means you have f2 patch installed for LabVIEW 2009.

LabVIEW 2009 f3 patch is the latest and is recommended by National Instruments for all users of LabVIEW 2009.

You can get it from here and read about it here.

Regards,
Eirikur Runarsson
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,834 Views)
Hm it still dosnt work, Ive tried to repair and installed patch f3. The strange thing is that a small "test" program (I attach it) seems to work at a friends machine Lenovo x301, win 7 64bit but with LabVIEW 2009 32bit ?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,818 Views)