LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lambert W equation ,h

I am trying to solve some Transcendental equation using LabVIEW by using Lambert W function,is anyone have an idea how to create VI of Lambert W function

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,662 Views)

@ajit107 wrote:

I am trying to solve some Transcendental equation 

So you need the LametW function as some kind of LUT (e.g. Solving_equations)

How does your transcendental equation look like?

According to wikipedia, the Lambert W function for  real numbers can be expressed as:

lambertW_real.png

I suppose, this can be extended to complex numbers.

Note that the Formula Node in the above snippet doesn't support complex numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,609 Views)

altenbach_0-1603055474513.png

Here is a slightly simpler implementation of the REAL function, but I am pretty sure you are looking for the complex version. (I am just using complex to define x and y for the xy graph. Not the same)

@ajit107 wrote:

I am trying to solve some Transcendental equation using LabVIEW by using Lambert W function,is anyone have an idea how to create VI of Lambert W function

Please described exactly what you mean by "solve". What are the inputs (e.g. with inputs z(complex) and k(integer), for example) and what is the desired output.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,596 Views)

you can

- use Newton Raphson Zero Finder or the Ridders Zero Finder.

- programm the recursive newton-raphson algorithm using the formula

Martin_Henz_0-1603056418022.png

- use the following formula for large x values

W= ln(x)-ln(ln(x))+ln(ln(x))/ln(x)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,588 Views)

i have the value of the x in the  order 125e110, which will be a suitable algorithm or vi for lambert w function please suggest 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,539 Views)

That's a pretty large x. Have you tried the approximation for large x values mentioned above?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,517 Views)

For 125E110 the NR Zero Finder result is 2,525809422E+2 and the reverse calulation is 125E110.

snip.png

Message 7 of 7
(1,510 Views)