From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lambert W equation ,h

I am trying to solve some Transcendental equation using LabVIEW by using Lambert W function,is anyone have an idea how to create VI of Lambert W function

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,656 Views)

@ajit107 wrote:

I am trying to solve some Transcendental equation 

So you need the LametW function as some kind of LUT (e.g. Solving_equations)

How does your transcendental equation look like?

According to wikipedia, the Lambert W function for  real numbers can be expressed as:

lambertW_real.png

I suppose, this can be extended to complex numbers.

Note that the Formula Node in the above snippet doesn't support complex numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,603 Views)

altenbach_0-1603055474513.png

Here is a slightly simpler implementation of the REAL function, but I am pretty sure you are looking for the complex version. (I am just using complex to define x and y for the xy graph. Not the same)

@ajit107 wrote:

I am trying to solve some Transcendental equation using LabVIEW by using Lambert W function,is anyone have an idea how to create VI of Lambert W function

Please described exactly what you mean by "solve". What are the inputs (e.g. with inputs z(complex) and k(integer), for example) and what is the desired output.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,590 Views)

you can

- use Newton Raphson Zero Finder or the Ridders Zero Finder.

- programm the recursive newton-raphson algorithm using the formula

Martin_Henz_0-1603056418022.png

- use the following formula for large x values

W= ln(x)-ln(ln(x))+ln(ln(x))/ln(x)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,582 Views)

i have the value of the x in the  order 125e110, which will be a suitable algorithm or vi for lambert w function please suggest 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,533 Views)

That's a pretty large x. Have you tried the approximation for large x values mentioned above?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,511 Views)

For 125E110 the NR Zero Finder result is 2,525809422E+2 and the reverse calulation is 125E110.

snip.png

Message 7 of 7
(1,504 Views)