From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Buenas tardes, tengo en un CPU con arquitectura de 64 bits, dos programas de LabVIEW 2017, uno de 32 bits y el otro de 64 bits.

Realice una aplicación en cada uno de los programas y las comunique, pero he tenido problemas de comunicación ya que una aplicación se ejecuta y la otra no responde, hay algún problema si son de 32 y 64 bits?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,850 Views)

There shouldn't be more problems then with communication between two 32 or two 64 bit programs.

How do they communicate?

If it's TCP\IP, I suspect the firewall is blocking data...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,839 Views)

the comunication is between bought programs, I have one program with 32 bits and the other one is 64 bits, the comunication protocol if TCP/ IP with PLC Allen Bradley,

LabVIEW 64 bits comunicate with PLC

LabVIEW 32 bits comunicate with Labview 64 bits 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,828 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

If it's TCP\IP, I suspect the firewall is blocking data...

If everything works in LabVIEW development environment, a firewall is likely.

There's no reason a 32 bit and a 64 bit application won't communicate as well as two 32 bit or two 64 bit applications.

Any errors you're getting?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,808 Views)

Yes, an error is:

Error -200587: Requested operation could not be performed, because the specified digital lines are either reserved or the device is not present in NI-DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,703 Views)

Hi ROABCARI,

@ROABCARI wrote:

Yes, an error is:

Error -200587: Requested operation could not be performed, because the specified digital lines are either reserved or the device is not present in NI-DAQmx.

And how is that error related to (network) communication between two applications?

That is a DAQmx-related error…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,700 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi ROABCARI,

@ROABCARI wrote:

Yes, an error is:

And how is that error related to (network) communication between two applications?

That is a DAQmx-related error…

On the other hand, that could very well be related to 32\64 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,692 Views)

how that could be related to 32\64 bit? Between bought aplications or the PXI and the plications?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,664 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ROABCARI

@ROABCARI wrote:

how that could be related to 32\64 bit? Between bought aplications or the PXI and the plications?

I'm not an DAQmx expert, I'm lucky enough that I can avoid hardware most of the times.

But I know some drivers don't work on 64 LabVIEW. I can imagine things get complicated when you start mixing 64 bit and 32 bit, let alone running 32 and 64 bit applications at the same time. It might work, but this definitely isn't something that is done very often.

Up till now I (we) assumed both applications where running on the same PC, but it seems one is running on a PC the other on a PXI? That changes things dramatically.

Anyway, if you get hardware related errors, those needs investigation.

I'd:

a) (temporarily) remove all HW related stuff, see if TCP\IP communication works.

b) test all HW in it's simplest form (e.g. no communication).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,638 Views)