LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview

hi,

I am doing transient state analysis of 3-ph induction motor. In it, i want to plot the transient state line current(RMS) and speed with time using labview.I am not being able to find a way of taking the readings continuously. Please help!!

I am using current sensor(LA-25-P), Card NI PCI 6221 and connector block SCB-68.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,567 Views)

First, I would really recommend a less generic post title. Since this is a LabVIEW forum, every single post is about LabVIEW. 😉

What is your definition of "continuously". What have you tried? How did it fail? Can you show us some code?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,558 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

First, I would really recommend a less generic post title. Since this is a LabVIEW forum, every single post is about LabVIEW. 😉

I seem to remember a time recently where there were about 8500 posts completely unrelated to LabVIEW on these forums Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,548 Views)

Next time onwards, i will be more specific in the subject!!!

I am glad that i was able to find a way out by my own for my querry yesterday. Now, its working.. Smiley Happy

But now i have stuck wid something else....

I am simply taking the inputs using DAQ and measuring their RMS values. The RMS that i obtain varies and does not stabilize but when i measure it manually with a flukemeter it shows a stable value. For example, if flukemeter is showing 2.123A current, then RMS shown will vary from 1.9 to 2.3A. I there anything I could do to stabilize the RMS. Taking mean does not make sense. 

test.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,518 Views)

Are you taking complete cycles of the signal you are monitoring?  Is it a sinusoid?  If you aren't taking the RMS of a complete cycle or multiple complete cycles, then the RMS of what you are measuring is going to change as the you roll through the phases of the signal.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,516 Views)

Yes i am taking complete cycles as input and signal is a sinusoid

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,484 Views)