From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview program

I want a solution to the former question i had asked. this one

i am making a wearable device for a tennis player in which i interfaced the sensor with arduino and placed it on the wrist.  I connected Arduino to myrio so that it acquires data from the sensors.  how to code in labview so that i can acquire the value of force with which the hand is moving? Labview screen should display the value of force applied. This is what i have been asked to do. how to do it?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(1,047 Views)

@qwerty4321 wrote:

I want a solution to the former question i had asked. this one

i am making a wearable device for a tennis player in which i interfaced the sensor with arduino and placed it on the wrist.  I connected Arduino to myrio so that it acquires data from the sensors.  how to code in labview so that i can acquire the value of force with which the hand is moving? Labview screen should display the value of force applied. This is what i have been asked to do. how to do it?

I would program the arduino to read the value of the sensor and send that value to LabVIEW through a standard serial connection. (later move to Bluetooth) Then all LabVIEW has to do is take the values it receives and display them on a graph. 

I have never used Myrio so I can not help you with that, but you don't need it anyway.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(1,043 Views)

I didn't expect to post the same link to the same solution for two separate questions, but here's a link to a link to a discussion where just what you need was discussed.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 13 of 27
(1,028 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

I didn't expect to post the same link to the same solution for two separate questions, but here's a link to a link to a discussion where just what you need was discussed.

Actually from the same thread this is a better answer: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/JPG-to-G-Code/m-p/3604140#M1010071

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(1,015 Views)

how to wirelessly communicate arduino with myrio using wifi shield?or any other module? Please give the detailed steps.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(990 Views)

Hi qwerty,

try this!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(988 Views)

i want to wirelessly transmit data  from arduino to myrio. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(983 Views)

@qwerty4321 wrote:

i want to wirelessly transmit data  from arduino to myrio. 

As I have said you do not need Myrio for this project. If using Myrio is a requirement then you are going to have to figure out how to use it.

All you need is your sensors and a bluetooth module attached to an Ardunio and a computer running LabVIEW that also has bluetooth.

Get an HC-05 bluetooth module like this https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Serial-Transceiver-Module/dp/B00INWZRNC

Read the HC-05 Wiki  https://www.itead.cc/wiki/Serial_Port_Bluetooth_Module_(Master/Slave)_:_HC-05 or one of the many many many pages dedicated to using an HC-05 with an Arduino, to learn how to setup, use, and pair the HC-05

The computer running LabVIEW will need it's own Bluetooth adaptor. Once that computer is paired with the HC-05 on the Arduino, the HC-05 will appear to LabVIEW as a standard Com port and the Adruino will operate just like if it was plugged into the computer with its USB cable.  

Use VISA Serial in LabVIEW to receive data from the Arduino and graph it.

To get any more detailed than that I might as well build it, program it, and turn it in with your name on it.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(973 Views)

In my work, myrio is a requirement. So i want the steps with myrio

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(957 Views)

@qwerty4321 wrote:

In my work, myrio is a requirement. So i want the steps with myrio

In that case, I would get rid of the Arduino.  Multiple embedded systems for a simple measurement is insane.  What sensors are you using?  Whatever they are, I am mostly certain you can easily interface them into the myRIO directly.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(951 Views)