LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview program

i am making a wearable device for a tennis player in which i interfaced the sensor with arduino and placed it on the wrist. And with the help of labview and myrio, I need to determine the force applied on the wrist when we hit the ball. So is it possible to determine the force? If so, how should coding be done in labview? What all parameters do we need to know to determine force?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(3,491 Views)

Your question is way too vague. Specify exactly what hardware elements you wanna use, and how exactly they are interfaced. Did you google for similar projects? Did you take the LabVIEW tutorials? 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=includeTkbs%2Clocation&include_tkbs=tru...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(3,481 Views)

Think about the physics/mechanics of your situation.  You have an arm attached to a body (already several segments, each with their own dynamics and kinematics).  The hand (attached to the wrist) is holding a tennis racquet.  Forget, for the moment, that the body/arm/hand/racquet is moving -- let's simplify by having the player stand still and we fire a tennis ball at the racket.

What do you mean by "the force on the wrist"?  When the ball hits the racquet, it imparts a very short, almost impulsive force, which (through the laws of mechanics) causes the racquet to translate (move backward) and rotate (about the wrist/elbow/shoulder/body series of joints).  What are you hoping to measure?  How are you defining "force on the wrist"?

I have one idea of something to measure, but since this is your project and you clearly have your own ideas, why don't you tell us you thoughts and we'll comment on them?  [Do you have any experience in biomechanics?  That would be helpful ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(3,451 Views)

I want to display the value of force with which we move our hand(in which the sensor is placed). I want to display the value in the labview front panel using indicator. Is it possible? If so, can you suggest all steps of how i can proceed. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(3,409 Views)

You have to define your requirements before you can define a solution.  We aren't even at the point where you choose a development platform.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(3,396 Views)

@qwerty4321 wrote:

I want to display the value of force with which we move our hand(in which the sensor is placed). I want to display the value in the labview front panel using indicator. Is it possible? If so, can you suggest all steps of how i can proceed. 

Read the output of your sensor with an appropriate DAQ device (Acquire), process it appropriately (Analyze) and then display it (Display) to the user.

Remember to mark this as the solution if it works for you! 😄

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(3,379 Views)

i am making a wearable device for a tennis player in which i interfaced the sensor with arduino and placed it on the wrist.  I connected Arduino to myrio so that it acquires data from the sensors.  how to code in labview so that i can acquire the value of force with which the hand is moving? Labview screen should display the value of force applied. This is what i have been asked to do. how to do it?

Another question is if i want to transmit data wirelessly from arduino to myrio, can i use bluetooth module for that? will bluetooth module work?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(3,352 Views)

@qwerty4321 wrote:

i am making a wearable device for a tennis player in which i interfaced the sensor with arduino and placed it on the wrist.  I connected Arduino to myrio so that it acquires data from the sensors.  how to code in labview so that i can acquire the value of force with which the hand is moving? Labview screen should display the value of force applied. This is what i have been asked to do. how to do it?

Another question is if i want to transmit data wirelessly from arduino to myrio, can i use bluetooth module for that? will bluetooth module work?

WOW you really want us to do all your homework for you? But in all sounds quite simple to me.

An accelerometer on the wrist connected to an Adruino uses a bluetooth module to send accelerometer data to a LabVIEW program wirelessly.

No need for Myrio at all.

Once Bluetooth modules like the HC-05 and HC-06 are setup and paired, they are "transparent" to both LabVIEW (looks like a com port) and the Arduino.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(3,335 Views)

If it is simple, can you please tell how to do it?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(3,322 Views)

@qwerty4321 wrote:

If it is simple, can you please tell how to do it?

I just told you,

An accelerometer on the wrist connected to an Adruino use a bluetooth module to send accelerometer data to a LabVIEW program wirelessly.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(3,312 Views)