LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview car tracking projects

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to make a project which tracks our university buses and show them in lab view with thier speed and few more data like driver name and bus number etc.

Need some assistance..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,304 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sadan Arshad

A group of students at Miami University Did something similar to this last year, although they did not use LV.  The web page linked does not appear to have any details about their project, so you might try to contact Robert Setlock.

Lynn

Message 2 of 8
(3,299 Views)

where can i find him

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,294 Views)
Did you not look at that link? The email is very prominent?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,286 Views)

that email id is not correct....:(

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,264 Views)

I did not look at the email address, because he is in my address book.  The address on the website is different from what I have.  Delete "kc" from the address on the website and try it that way.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,231 Views)

waiting for his reply

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,212 Views)

I built something similar a few years ago using Labview as the HMI in the "office" the idea was to track the serviceability, fuel state and location of a number of mobile diesel rigs at an airport, the aim was to reduce the time spent looking for each rig to fuel it, or to recover it in the event of failure.

Firstly each rig was fitted with a GPS tracker/ GSM modem from RoundSolutions.com as their product offered a second serial port to communicate with the diesel rig control unit, at 06:00HR the rigs were programmed to "wake up" and send a status report in way of a text message giving the following information:

Location in Lat/ Long

Fuel State in Litres

Hours to next service

Any failure messages

The Labview app running on the PC received these messages and plotted the position of each rig, simple colour code of red for needing attention or green for no issues and fuel not required. This gave the crew who looked after them a map showing which units needed to be attended to reducing searching time by a huge amount.

The map displayed on the PC was derived from driving the perimeter of all roads/ areas these units could be used whilst data logging the GPS data, this information was then fed in to a graph which displayed a recognisable "map" the position of each asset was then shown on the map in its relevent colour (green or red). Should you want to use a map of the campus make sure its free from copywrite, either use Open Street Mapping data or make your own map from a GPS position logger, the map needs to be accurate in terms of Lat/ Long, if you use a scanned map you will need to know the Lat/ Long of the four corners otherwise the vehicle position will be inaccurate when displayed.

It is possible to use a transparant graph in Labview and plot the postion of the vehicle, this lets you see the map and vehicle data on the same display, your application will require real time updates though so the use of 3G data stream or WiFi would be a much better bet than using SMS text messaging - Mike

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,198 Views)