LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping default values through a logoff/shutdown

MGI just released a new solution which essentially does the same thing as the OpenG solution, but is supposed to work faster and uses vi.lib VIs for the type parsing, but I haven't checked it out, because it's 8.x only.

(870 Views)

@tbd wrote:

Tst, the last time I used OpenGs cluster-to-INI converter (about 7 months ago), this cluster caused it to blow-up:

When using Write INI Cluster on a Cluster , each sub-cluster of the Cluster is written as a separate section having the subcluster name. When the cluster has some non-cluster elements, they are put in another separate section having the Cluster name. Of course, when designing a cluster to be written to an INI file, you have to take care yourself that all (sub)clusters names are different for the data to be written in different sections of the INI file.

That said, the above pictured cluster will be written on file as:

[Cluster]
Boolean=FALSE

and read back correctly. One section named "Cluster" (subcluster name) has been created and its boolean element put there.

About type descriptors (TD) parsed by OpenG Tools, in LV8 there have been major changes in TDs and they are not documented nor available anymore, except in backward compatible 7.1 version of "Flatten to String" and "Variant to Flattenned String". That means that OpenG Data Tools are doomed to manage a frozen version of TDs as new cool datatypes in LV>=8 won't be supported.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 22 of 23
(847 Views)
JPD (one of my mentors Smiley Wink  )  wrote " ... That means that OpenG Data Tools are doomed to manage a frozen version of TDs as new cool datatypes in LV>=8 won't be supported. "

If all works as planned,  my next Nugget will offer a solution that does not depend on the format of any data structure.

"Stay tuned Bat-fans!"

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 08-15-2007 08:49 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 23 of 23
(841 Views)