LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kdcom.dll error after installing NI-DAQmx 7.5/8.5 on Windows XP Pro

We are trying to switch from including a fully computer drawer in our product to just using a SBC (Single Board Computer).  In the past we have used Pentium 4 boards with the NI-DAQmx 7.5 suite and had no problem.  The current board we are testing useds the Intel 855GME GMCH chipset with a 1.0 GHz Celeron M Processor.  After installing the software and I am prompted to restart, and upon restart a notorious Windows blue screen of death comes up saying that there was an error error with kdcom.dll.  (exact error below)

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.Stop: 0x0000007E (0xc0000010,0xFAFF2A0,0xF7A16344,0xF7A16040)
kdcom.dll – Address F7AFF2A0 base at F7AFF000, Datestamp 3b7d8346

I have installed both DAQmx 7.5 and 8.5 getting the same results with both.  I have tried to disable all of the onboard functionalities of the board (video, ethernet, sound) and still I have gotten this same error.  (Note: I have done default installs as well as full studio installs)

Has anybody seen this error before and knows what is causing/how to stop it?

Is it quite possible that the NI-DAQmx 7.5/8.5 software/drivers are just not compatible with this SBC?

Here is a link to info/specs about board that I am having trouble with: WinSystems EBC-855

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,661 Views)

Hi,

I'm not sure that this is a DAQmx related issue. A Google search reveals that kdcom.dll is a Windows dll - what leads you to believe that DAQmx is involved? I'm not a Windows supporter, but there do appear to be a few discussions in that search with issues very similar to yours - did you try replacing that dll? As long as your computer is an x86 architecture and/or on a supported OS, DAQmx should be able to run on that machine. You may want to hit up WinSystem's support to see what they have to say from the computer side.

Hope this helps, please don't hesitate to post back if DAQmx is the culprit or if you have any additional questions.

Cheers,

Andrew S

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,643 Views)