LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, during the installation of my Labview software, the installation program stays in the process of ''Installing NI LabVIEW Offline Help Manual'', the square in the interface is still moving, but the progress bar does not move.

I uninstalled and tried again, but the result is still the same, what should I do?

yxm123_0-1678891546237.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,073 Views)

I have been installing LabVIEW (for myself, my colleagues and students, and generally several times for every version of LabVIEW) and it has become more and more difficult.  I had procedures that included "Install only a few features at a time, going through at least three "installation Loops", with Drivers always last, to "Do it all at once".  I find that after LabVIEW 2016, installation took a big jump in difficulty (coinciding with the introduction of NIPM), with another jump in difficulty with LabVIEW 2020, and culminating with LabVIEW 2022 (and the confusing "version-less" morass we now find ourselves with "continuous versioning".

Is there a compelling reason to install the "latest" version of LabVIEW?  If not, I will say that I've successfully installed "minimal" LabVIEW 2021 systems (by "minimal", I mean only the toolkits, modules, drivers, and "Additional Features" that I am certain I need).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,034 Views)
Solution
Accepted by GerdW

When the install is hung, can you see in Task Manager if there is a process that is running NIOfflineHelpViewer.exe?

If yes, this is likely trying to register that executable as an EXE server. You could try to kill that process to see if the installation continues. You can do this in Task Manager or on a command prompt using the command "taskkill /IM NIOfflineHelpViewer.exe".

Scott Richardson
Message 3 of 13
(4,019 Views)
Solution
Accepted by yxm123@@

Yes, the Task Manager is running NIOfflineHelpViewer.exe.

yxm123_0-1678961324598.png

The installation is continuing, your suggestion was correct, thank you very much.

yxm123_1-1678961658244.png

Message 4 of 13
(4,008 Views)

yxm123@@ wrote:

Yes, the Task Manager is running NIOfflineHelpViewer.exe.

The installation is continuing, your suggestion was correct, thank you very much.

Hello, @yxxm123@@.

That was a very good "solution" by @Scott_Richardson!  As the Original Poster, could you please return to Richardson's Post and (at the bottom) mark it as the "Solution"?  This will help other Forum Users who might encounter the same problem when running NIPM.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,004 Views)

it's my pleasure to show this solution.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,951 Views)

Just ran into this. Wasted several hours. Is there a timeline to get this fixed?

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,826 Views)

Brother, you are not the worst, I tried for days to succeed.😂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,822 Views)

Managed to stop the install (before I found this post). Repair what had already been installed. Reboot. Reinstall LV22Q3 and somehow this time it worked (at least it seems - rebooting now). So whatever the problem is, it is intermittent.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,810 Views)

Yes, such issues should be taken seriously and optimized.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,795 Views)