LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing executable on XPe

I am running a XP embedded operating system that boots from a compact flash.  I built an executable and an installer but I cannot seem to get them to install on the OS.  Is there a reason that executables will not work with XP embedded. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,073 Views)
have you read this threads?

and

you don't really need the installer, just the exe.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,058 Views)
I have read both these threads before and I did try loading the NI runtime engine for 8.0 onto the XPe system but it still does not run the .exe files. besides copying this folder to the system is there anything else that has to be done.  
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,045 Views)

I included the run time engine with a new build and tried installing it both over a network and locally on the embedded system.  I know that the windows installer service is there and I have hung up installing the NI MDF support (part 1 of 6) of the install.  I am not sure if this helps to explain any better what the difficulties are. 

I am only semi experienced in LabView but XPe is a whole new world so any information is greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,029 Views)

Maybe things have changed since LV6 , in the past it was possible to run a LV exe without installing the runtime if the lvrt.dll was in the same dir. I haven't tried it since then....

However in about half a year a project will rise where the option to run LV on a XP em system would be VERY nice ... but I still have the option to switch to CE and use the PDA modul. (I want to run LV code on a Beckhoff SPC) 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,016 Views)
I have tried building the exe file over and over, with the lvrt.dll included as a support file, with and without an installer.  It was getting hung up at the NI MDF install so I found the MDF setup file and installed that separately then ran the installer again and it got hung up at the next section, NI logos, so i tried installing that setup.exe file but it would not work.  I know that this should not be this difficult.  I can install the same executable on a computer running XP without any problems.  I am beginning to think the problem is with the XPe components.  Any suggestions
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,004 Views)