From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image display reference control still not working

Has anyone looked at the Image Display referece control bug? I still can't pass an image display reference to a sub VI since the front panel control in the subVI generates this error:

"The control requires an external library for its operation. This library is not installed, is not installed to the correct location, or is not loadable, or the library's version is not high enough."

I know there's some cludgy ways around it (passing panel reference, demoting reference class to 'control' and back), but it seems like such a simple thing to fix that would already have been fixed unless no one's working on it.
Message 1 of 36
(7,182 Views)
lanmat,

Yes, that error is being addressed.  It was looked into for LabVIEW 8.2 but was not able to be fixed for that revision.  It still is in the list for things to go into the next version though, and hopefully will be corrected in the next version of LabVIEW.

Allison S.
Applications Engineering
-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 36
(7,144 Views)
Hi Allison,

You wrote "Yes, that error is being addressed. "

Please post the CAR number for this issue.

Thank you,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 36
(7,134 Views)

Ben,

I'm more than happy to give you the reference number for this issue, 3R1F8KRJ, but I'm curious -- why do you want to know the actual reference number?  Thanks

-Allison S.

Applications Engineering

-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 36
(7,126 Views)

Hi Allison

I am BenNI LabVIEW Champion, Bug Master and General Pain in the A@# Smiley Surprised

We track the CAR#'s in our Bug threads (see here)

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=2906&jump=true

so that Roy F can audit the work done by the AE's when supporting the forum.

Please check with your co-workers or ask Roy F yourself if you want to know what else we are doing with CAR#s. (mwah, hah, hah aka evil laugh).

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 36
(7,131 Views)
Ben,

Well in that case I will try to remember your name 😉  We do appreciate the work you guys do, we just had a few people on my side curious what a customer would do with an internal reference number.  Thanks for letting me know!

-Allison S.
Applications Engineering
-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 36
(7,107 Views)
[For future searchability]

This was reported to R&D (#3R1F8KRJ) for further investigation
Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
Message 7 of 36
(7,043 Views)
I just got bit by this one. Has it been fixed in 8.5? It's not listed in the Important Bug Fixes, but 3B76NDOC looks like it might be related.
Message 8 of 36
(6,662 Views)
Hello eaolson,

Unfortunately, this bug (CAR# 3R1F8KRJ) has not been fixed in LabVIEW 8.5.  The attached VIs, however, do provide a workaround.  The main VI contains an Image control.  The sub VI has a Generic Control Reference Input to which the Image Control Reference is wired.  In the sub VI, a "to more specific class" function is used to get the full properties list for an Imagecontrol. 

Please note that, according to R&D, this workaround is ineffective when built into an executable.

I apologize for the inconvenience this bug may cause.  We are aware of the issue and working to resolve the problem.

Best Regards,
T. McCarty
Download All
Message 9 of 36
(6,643 Views)

@McCarty wrote:
Please note that, according to R&D, this workaround is ineffective when built into an executable.

Whoops! That was the same workaround I'd just started to try. Thanks for pointing out it won't work in an executable.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 36
(6,628 Views)