LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have LabVIEW Error Code 3 Please Help Me

Solved!
Go to solution

Great work Darin. Was it just a matter of replacing the png data in the VI binary with a hex editor or similar?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,293 Views)

@MichaelBalzer wrote:

Great work Darin. Was it just a matter of replacing the png data in the VI binary with a hex editor or similar?

Thanks.  I actually used my resource editor which handles the rejiggering when you add, remove or resize a resource within the VI file.  Normally I use it to extract PNG files that are inside the file, in this case I saw that one of them had data that made no sense as any image format that I know.  I simply copied another PNG image from that file in place of the bad one.  When the OP opens the VI he will notice that one of the images is not what he expects, given the size of the VI I call that a small price to pay.

Message 12 of 17
(1,286 Views)

Thanks

Darin.k you saved my lift and weekend.........

Thank you, sir.
Thanks to you, I didn't have to work again.

From now on, we'll make sure we have a backup.

Thank you very much.

Could you tell me how you recovered it?

NI Forum is the best. NI in Korea also said that it cannot be restored.

You're a master.

Thanks once again.
Thank you.

Message 13 of 17
(1,266 Views)

Once I saw the amount of work you had put in, I figured you'd be pretty happy to see it.  Sometimes there is no substitute for learning something the hard way, hopefully that feeling of dread was enough to internalize the need for backups, and at the same time you were spared this time.

The first step was trying to read the file resources, many files that I recover involve somebody overwriting the map (file layout) or some of the resources.  This was no problem.

Based on the error, I started looking at the resources which contained your images, turns out the very first one was not recognizable to me.  Therefore I went to the next image resource, copied the image data and pasted it back to the first resource and saved the file.  One of your images is not where you put it, but the file loads just fine.  Seems a bit extreme that this is a fatal error,  would be nice if the file loaded with a big red 'X' in place of the image that could not be loaded properly.

Message 14 of 17
(1,240 Views)

hello,I think that you may be a new enginer .can  I make friends with you .I'm also a new enginer. I want to chat with you.and we kan learn more.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,228 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

Seems a bit extreme that this is a fatal error,  would be nice if the file loaded with a big red 'X' in place of the image that could not be loaded properly.

I agree wholeheartedly! Maybe we'll see it in 2019? It would be nice if LV was slightly less sensitive to such errors, although it's understandable if it's more sensitive than a pure text file (in which case you can probably see and fix any error 'easily').

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,212 Views)

Darin. K

As you say, this time again I feel a desperate need for backup.

It is true that they did not do well due to the lazy backup deletion and code changes.

From now on, I will try to be a diligent programmer.

Thank you again for your help.

Have a nice day... Darin. KSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,184 Views)