From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use variable between different loops

Solved!
Go to solution

I have two inner while loops and I want too take an output variable from the first inner loop to another loop.

For example,  in the attached file if I want to take the value of x and use it in other loop to obtain value of y.

Please, any suggestions to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(657 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Omda2022

Hi Omda,

@Omda2022 wrote:

I have two inner while loops and I want too take an output variable from the first inner loop to another loop.

Your problem description is not that good…

Your VI does exactly what you asked for: output a value from an inner loop and use that value in another loop!

Do you want to run both loops in parallel? Then you should "OBEY DATAFLOW!": right now you enforce the execution order by DATAFLOW.

There are techniques to exchange data between loops, like notifiers, queues, channel wires, local/global/shared variables, network communication, … (Not all of them are suitable for all purposes in the same way.)

General recommendation: You should learn to better describe your problem instead of focusing on just one (maybe broken) way to solve that problem.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(654 Views)

Great Thanks, Mr.  for your corporation. 

To solve the problem I used the "Communicating Data between Parallel Sections of Code Using Channel Wires" technique.

I will describe my problem better next time 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(629 Views)