LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send decimal data using VISA from serial port?

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

I modified as i attached. But still i am getting continuos data like 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

i given mechanical action of switch until released.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(825 Views)

Did you attach the correct file?  This looks exactly like the snippet you posted earlier...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(809 Views)

Hi,

Every iteration of the while loop you check the enum and output 1. Instead of checking only the enum, compare it to the previous value of the enum and output 1 only if the value is different. See attached for an example.

Thanks,

Danielle

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”
― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(804 Views)

Hi,

I tried with shift registers but i am not gettign correct output.

Need a program to send visa write only 1 byte after sending 1 byte the VI has to wait for user input.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(794 Views)

Hi, 

see attached. I added diagram disable structures so I could check it easily on my computer, for cases bulb1 on and bulb 1 off (not the rest). It outputs the correct output as I understand it. can you be more specific as to waht the problem is?

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”
― Terry Pratchett
Message 15 of 17
(790 Views)

Sree4srinivas wrote:

Need a program to send visa write only 1 byte after sending 1 byte the VI has to wait for user input.

Then use an Event Structure.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 16 of 17
(783 Views)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(776 Views)