From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read three parameters for exemple temperature,current and voltage from the same port with visa read and separate them in a table

Hi i want to read parameters with visa read, from three sensors related to  pic16f877a, using  module xbee ..but i want to make every one from those parameters (temperature, voltage and current) in a table ..it's the first time i use Labview so i don't know if ther is a solution for my problem so if any one have any idea please help me. thnx in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,549 Views)

imanjuv13@yahoo.fr wrote:

Hi i want to read parameters with visa read, from three sensors related to  pic16f877a, using  module xbee ..but i want to make every one from those parameters (temperature, voltage and current) in a table ..it's the first time i use Labview so i don't know if ther is a solution for my problem so if any one have any idea please help me. thnx in advance. 

The short answer is: "Yes, of course."  But you are going to have to do the legwork and learn LabVIEW basics before we can offer meaningful help.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,539 Views)

thank you.. i already started to learn about labview i make my interface and untill now i can read data with visa read and collect it in table..but i have a problem how to separate it..the idea is to send all parameters in a string form as this "T V I " for exp "27 150.2364 24".

than use subset string function ..! but i didn't undrestund how to connect it eaxactly to get my parameters separated in a table ! please can you hlp me by a figure maby!  thnx in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,512 Views)
Have a look at 'spreadsheet string to array' and use Space as the delimiter. This is one way that will work for you.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,504 Views)

It's always easier to work with something concrete, rather than abstract.  Please post what you have so far so we can take a look at it.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,494 Views)