From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to program pneumatics in 2016

Solved!
Go to solution

so this is my first year as aprogramer and the last programer that knew how to work pneumatics left can someone pleas tell me how to get mine to work

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,125 Views)

@Ammoknights wrote:

so this is my first year as aprogramer and the last programer that knew how to work pneumatics left can someone pleas tell me how to get mine to work

No offense, but when I see such questions I really start to wonder how anyone can expect any useful response for such a nonsense question???

• "this is my first year as aprogramer"
    • Start to learn LabVIEW using the links you can find at the top of the forum site
  • "how to work pneumatics", "pleas tell me how to get mine to work"
    • What "pneumatics"???, No one has any idea what kind of "pneumatics" you have 😄

I try to help you, so as a first step, you should do some effort to write a proper question. Give details about what kind of project you need to do. Give details about your hardware components, including communication protocols, interfaces, platform (PC, RT HW, ...?) with used OS. Describe what your program need to do, and what you have tried so far...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,068 Views)

To add to what Blokk said, learn some LabVIEW first.  There are links to tutorials (you will need to spend some of your time learning -- we are here to help you, not to "do it for you").

Once you have some idea about how to develop a LabVIEW Program (or VI) to do what you want, try to write it yourself and see how it works.  If there are things you don't understand, look for Examples (Help, Examples), read the Help Details on the various functions (there's an extensive Help system built into LabVIEW), and write a very simple "test vi" to try out little pieces of code.

When you come back to the Forum for more help, attach your VI.  It is important to attach the actual VI (the file with the extension .vi) and not a picture of it -- we can't inspect, test, edit, modify a picture, but we are usually pretty good at playing with VIs.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,056 Views)

sorry to bolth of you for being so vaig what the problem is that i have figured out labVIEW and gone thrue the tutorials and i have programed a way to work our cilinder pnuematics thrue a double solenoid but the problem is is that i cant get it to work thrue a button

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,050 Views)

Try to read again and digest what me and Bob wrote in previous posts. Why do you think anyone can help you based on your posts?

"cilinder pnuematics thrue a double solenoid" --> Why do you think any person on Earth can figure out what kind of device you talk about, what kind of interface it has, etc?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,033 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ammoknights

As you may have noticed, the general purpose LabVIEW forums aren't a good place to ask FRC questions.  Either use ni.com/frc or chief delphi.

That said, you should still have access to last year's robot code.  Take a look at what was done and use those ideas as a foundation to program your robot.

Message 6 of 6
(3,007 Views)