cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to display data in text file in column format

Solved!
Go to solution

hi

i am acquiring data from an oscilloscope.

wen i save the data in a text file using wite to speadsheet string, all the voltage values r displayed first and then the time values... besides its tab delimited

how can i display it such that the time values r in one column and the voltyage values r in the other column

thanx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,285 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Preetisar

Hi,

I am not sure what exactly is the format which you are getting. I think you must try using Transpose Array function (from the array function palette) before passing the array to the write to spread sheet string function  or directly wire true to the transpose terminal on the write to spreadsheet function and see if you are getting the desired results.

P.S.. : Sharing your code would be appreciable. 

Regards,

Nitzz

(Kudos are always Welcome, Mark as a solution if it is the One;))

Message 2 of 19
(3,281 Views)

hey thanx for the solution.

i have another doubt by the way.....

i am acquiring voltage values from different points in a circuit.

for each point i am having to save in a new text file.

is it possible that for each point i can simply save the voltage values in a new column in the original text file??

thanx...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,268 Views)

Hi,

This is also possible. You just need to wire a true to the "append to File?" terminal on the write to spreadsheet function.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Kudos are always Welcome, Mark as a slolution if it is the One;))

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,265 Views)

i did that... but the data is simply appending below the original one. I wanted the new data to be displayed in a new column, adjacent to the previous data.....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,261 Views)

Are you collecting the data at the same time? If so you can simply use a build array prior to saving the file to add the extra colums that you want. If you are saving the data at different times then it will be a little tougher. If you post you code I would be happy to help.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,256 Views)

i am acquiring data at different times.

the oscilloscopes acquires data from different points in the circuit at regular time intervals.... 

i have attached the code.

this code is executed in a loop for each point

thanx...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,252 Views)

Do you use this vi to take data whe ever you collect data from the O-Scope? If so then the way I would tell you to do this would be to read the data out and make an array for all the data that you want to store together and then save it to a file. You will need to remove the save from this vi and move it somewhere where it can be called when yu have all fo the data that you want to save.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,247 Views)

Hi,

I think you are collecting data at the same time and as aeastet told building an array will help. the example attached will give you an idea.. Though i am not sure whether this will solve your problem or not.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Kudos are always Welcome, Mark as a solution if it is the One;))

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,243 Views)

i edited my last post

i am not collecting data at the same time. the given code is run in a loop for each point....

the probe attached to the test bench moves and scans the entire circuit at definite time intervals.

at each point thus i am acquiring the data.......

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,240 Views)