From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to clear graph

I can do that manually with
 - right click
 - Data Operations
 - Clear graph

But, I would like the graph to be clear without any trace when started..
currently, the graph shows some random(?) waveforms that I don't know where they are from...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(15,037 Views)

You can use the property node and wire an empty array to the "History Data" property for Waveform Charts.

For waveform graphs --- use property nodes and wire an empty array to the "Value" property. (See attached VI)

Message 2 of 18
(15,030 Views)
also under file<<vi properties<<execution is "clear indicators when called"
check the box and this clears everything when you push the run button
Message 3 of 18
(14,922 Views)

I like your answer! It's very simple

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(11,280 Views)

Well, things were much simpler back in 2007. Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(11,276 Views)

"also under file<<vi properties<<execution is "clear indicators when called"
check the box and this clears everything when you push the run button"

Unfortunatelly this clears the graph at the starting point but as soon as first result is there you can also see all old graphs from he previous several runs

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(9,154 Views)

Hi km76107,

Thank you for your sharing. 

I have tried on the solution you shared. But the graph from previous iteration will appear when I run for second looping. Do you mind to share with me how to clear the data logging in the graph when running the next loop? As I tried on your solution, whenever Clear button is pressed, the graph will be cleared. However, the graph will be reappear when the Clear button is pressed again. From this, I think the data still store in the indicator. I'm looking forward to receive your advice.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(6,775 Views)

Hi jason91,

that answer is 11(!) years old. And it still works perfectly.

If something from previous iterations shows up it is because of your code. Do you mind sharing your VI with us?

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(6,766 Views)

@jason91 wrote:

As I tried on your solution, whenever Clear button is pressed, the graph will be cleared. However, the graph will be reappear when the Clear button is pressed again. From this, I think the data still store in the indicator. I'm looking forward to receive your advice..

Obviously, you are doing somethings wrong, but we cannot troubleshoot without seeing some code.

Is this a graph or a chart? Where is the data kept? (e.g. if the data is in a shift register, you also need to clear that data). What is the mechanical action of your "clear" button? How is the graph terminal connected? Do you have race conditions (e.g. due to local variable over-use)?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(6,755 Views)

Hi,

fin da small vi attached ..... graphmxy_new.vi

This is my typical Tool  for appending X/Y graphs ...    Charts I do not like much - in many cases the functionality is limited.

In order to be "small"  I have copied an picture of  working FrontPanel and its BlockDiagram inside the BlockDiagram of attached  vi.

Maybe you will not understand the whole sweep vi - but concentrate on the usage of this  small yellow sub.vi

It is now compiled in LV2017 - in case you need an older version - let me know.

best Regards,

wha

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(6,733 Views)