LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to acquire data without daq in labview?

how to acquire  and send anolog or digital input through the usb and other ports in my laptop without using any daq?

i am using dell inspiron 14R hrthere are many ports in  my laptop .... is there any way to access datas through those ports.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,088 Views)

No. The USB interface was not designed to do analog data acquisition. It's not a scope. It's not a multimeter. It's an interface designed to communicate with devices. You might be able to do digital I/O by controlling the lines at a raw level, but the amount of time you spend figuring it out is better spent buying a low-cost digital I/O device.

My computer has a lot of ports on it too. That doesn't mean I try to plug a blender into it so I can cook.

Message 2 of 11
(3,083 Views)
My computer has a lot of ports on it too. That doesn't mean I try to plug a blender into it so I can cook.

NOW you tell me. Smiley Sad

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,076 Views)

hey i accept u.... but clear my doubt, wether we can access atleast digital data through those ports.....?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,064 Views)

If you have a printer port, you can send receive digital data. That's it.

Message 5 of 11
(3,060 Views)

i am new user to labview .can u explain how?

i wonder there is no interface to access usb port without daq?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,055 Views)

Vijay,

I am not sure what you want to do with USB port, but here is a link to the parallel port utilisation:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B937AC4D8664E37886257206000551CB

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,043 Views)

blenders no, toasters yes.

RE: data acq without DAQ

YOu can cheat with some of the i/o but a small error on yur part and you are replacing the mother board. A cheap USB DAQ device is a better route.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 11
(3,039 Views)

i just want 10 digital i/o and 2 analog input How much the daq will cost compramise with above spec... i am india ....tell me the price and model of daq including shipping and other tax charges

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,036 Views)

Dude, contact National Instruments India. We are just here to help, not to sell!

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 10 of 11
(3,033 Views)