From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you do math?

If 'new developers' think the icon displays data they are just too stupid. I never liked the icon view because it simply takes too much space on the block diagram and doesn't provide any benefit.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 40
(960 Views)

@ejkaiser wrote:

If 'new developers' think the icon displays data they are just too stupid. I never liked the icon view because it simply takes too much space on the block diagram and doesn't provide any benefit.

I wouldn't call them "stupid."  Not even by a long shot.  That's way too much of a generalization.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 40
(917 Views)

And I've met some really stupid people in my time... Smiley Very Happy

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 40
(886 Views)

My power supply is only 300W.  Does that mean I can't do the advanced math?

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 40
(877 Views)

@CoastalMaineBird wrote:

My power supply is only 300W.  Does that mean I can't do the advanced math?

I didn't say that this particular thread wasn't a dumb discussion, but to call new developers who make a silly mistake with a new interface "stupid" is being really arrogant.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 40
(863 Views)

How do you unsubscribe from this thread?  It is getting ridiculous now.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 40
(787 Views)

@aputman wrote:

Yeah sorry, I feel like I (among others) may have influenced the threads spiral downward.  In either case up by the reply button at the top of the page there is a drop down for Topic Options.  Click that then click unsubscribe.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 40
(778 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@aputman wrote:

Yeah sorry, I feel like I (among others) may have influenced the threads spiral downward.  In either case up by the reply button at the top of the page there is a drop down for Topic Options.  Click that then click unsubscribe.

When I saw this thread revived again I was like... "Oh goodness nooooo."  Its like the song that never ends...

But today is also Thursday when the OP's project is due.  So I do hope he was able to do math in the end 😛

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 40
(757 Views)

i like math

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 40
(679 Views)

This is like a zombie - it keeps rising from the dead.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 40
(646 Views)