LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get waveform subset

Hi:

I have an extremely simple piece of code here in which I just want to extract a portion of waveform and replot the portion on top of the original at the same start location from which it was extracted.  I obtain a waveform subset and then set the start time of the subset as the t0 for the subset, then plot.  The subset, however, always wants to start to plot at t = 0.  I normally work in the XY graph world and have no problem obtaining correct behavior.  There may be something very simple I am overlooking because I am very tired today.  Any comments?

Sincerely,

Don
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,203 Views)
Don,
I usually don't use waveofrm datatypes, but in this case you would get the desired result if you would replace your graph with a chart. Try it! 🙂

In any case, if you just want to use this to highligh parts of your graph with a different color, try the NaN trick in the attached modification (LabVIEW 8.0). No waveforms needed. 😉

Message Edited by altenbach on 08-19-2006 01:42 PM

Download All
Message 2 of 3
(3,199 Views)
Christian:

Thanks for taking the time to look at this. A few things:

1) You have shown a neat trick regarding NaN usage that I will consider using.

2) I verified the ability of the waveform chart to work as a replacement for waveform graph.  However for my application, ultimately this will not work because I use cursors to define start and end for the window (leading to definitions of start and duration for the subset), and the chart does not allow the usage of cursors.

3) I also rarely use the waveform graph or its utilities; as mentioned in the original post, I can successfully do what I want using the XY graph.  I just do not understand why t0 cannot be reset with the waveform graph and I would be interested to hear why not, and if there is a way to get it to work.

Sincerely,

Don
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,184 Views)