From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

format conversion

I am new to labview i am not able to think how to do the conversion,

i have a number but it is in string format but i am trying to get the same number in number format 

like +3.999,-3.9999 but they are in string format can some one help to get these number in number format.
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,033 Views)

Look at "Spreadsheet string to array" if multiple numbers are as list "3.999,-3.9999,..." or at String to number functions if each number is a separate string.

Message 2 of 6
(2,010 Views)

Check out the attached PNG.... there is a whole section to help you out with that... you can even specify which type of number you want to convert to.... I recommend the first in the second row.... Decimal String to number 🙂

Message 3 of 6
(2,005 Views)

Thank's for the help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,989 Views)

Once you've dabbled a bit using the individual string conversion functions, take a look at Scan From String and its inverse, Format Into String.  These can be used as parsers, capable of taking something like "Weight = 32.5 kg, Height = 57.8 cm" and returning 32.5 and 57.8.  I no longer use any of the Number/String Conversion functions, just Scan from String.

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 6
(1,972 Views)

Thankyou Bob_schor sir for help i really appreciated that letting me know something new i can do.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,935 Views)