Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file diallog pattern

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I have filenames in format: y%m%d%H%M%S.jpg  like 121102223344.jpg

I want to write pattern that will allow me to see only files writen only this format when I set path

I tried in that way

question.jpg

but I don't see resultats.... 

Is there a way to do that??

Any suggestions appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,315 Views)

You are expecting more than what you will get.  The only wildcard characters you can use are "?" and "*".  For more information, see the help file for the File Dialog.

The best you can do with the file name you have choosen to go with is *.jpg to just show jpg files.  If your files were something like 12345664324-pawhan11.jpg you could do something like *-pawhan11.jpg and then the file dialog box would only show files with that "-pawhan11.jpg" suffix.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,314 Views)

Yes, I know that

so maybe there is  way to view files only with xxx.jpg where x is random number??

filename length is for example 3 and all strings are numbers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,311 Views)

Seems that I made that, but in "brutal" way:

bruteforce.jpg

But is there a elegant way to do that?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,297 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pawhan11

I think that may be your only way because LabVIEW ultimatly relys on the OS API for the file dialog and that is where the limitation exists.  You would need to add every filename you want to the pattern seperated by ";" in order to only show those files.  I think your solution is elegant.  If you wanted to take it a step further, I think you would have to re-create the file dialog box in LabVIEW and not rely on the API (but I'm not sure I would call that elegant).

Message 5 of 5
(2,285 Views)