From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extracting audio from mp4 file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

Is there a way to split out the audio from an mp4 file in Labview? We have used the QT active X component to work with the video frames but can see no way to work with the audio portion. We are looking to find the time stamp of a specific frame in a mp4 file that is keyed to the audio segment of the mp4 file. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,626 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blewis333

Hey blewis333,

I don't think there is an easy way to do that.  My best recommendation would be to find another piece of software that you can call through ActiveX.  I believe VideoCapX (http://www.fathsoft.com/videocapx.html) would be a good one to look at.  If you can call that program through ActiveX, extract the audio as an MP3, and then convert it into a .WAV file, I think you might be able to do what you are trying.

Other than that, I think you're best option is to just ask if anybody else has been able to do this and if they could share their solution.

Good luck with your application!

Best,

Jeff S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,588 Views)

Thank you; I will try the suggestion

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,574 Views)