From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

execute an applescript with labview 7.1

Is it possible to execute an applescript with labview? In my opinion an applescript isn´t a appleevent or? So i can´t execute the script. Is there a possibility to communicate with programms on the macintosh? I want to start a applescript with labview and want to read the information from the .txt file which the script writes also with labview. The reading from the .txt file is no problem but to start the script....I found a file which can do scripts. but something is strange with the file. It would be nice if someone could have a look to file and correct it or maybe have good tips for me.

Thanks a lot

volgi1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,097 Views)
Your VI is missing the CIN resource file. The error message says:

"This Code Interface Node has no code to execute. Right-click the node, select Load Code Resource from the shortcut menu, and select the object code file (.lsb)."

In LV7.1 there is an Apple event vi called AESend Do Script.vi at Functions >> Communications >> Apple Events. It sends a script to a scriptable application. I have not used Apple events much so I really cannot help you beyond this point.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,089 Views)