cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel .csv to plot xy

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have 2 column with numbers in Excel, I used "Read From Spreadsheet" and I got the information into LabVIEW.

Now I have two problems, the first is to draw a graph of xy from this data and the second is to be able to work arithmetic with these number from Excel.

TNX for your help 🙂

Guy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,137 Views)

You'll need to give more details about what you are looking for, what you have tried, and a sample of data.  Otherwise you won't get much help.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,130 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GuyGor

Please post your code and a sample .csv file. 

If you got your data in "double" format, you are almost there. Just use index array, expand it so you get two outputs. In the top entry wire a "0" to the column, leave the second one blank, it will automatically get column 1. Now use a "bundle" node to combine the two columns you've just gotten from index array, and input into an xy graph.

Message 3 of 10
(5,121 Views)

I didn't get far , I got the data from the Excel file using the read from spreadsheet  option but now I would like to have a graph of xy using it and also playing with the number so I need the data to be available for me.

I tried to get it into an array but always have the pronlem that my data is 64 bit and the array is 32 bit.

Unfortunatly I can't be more specific for now.

TNX

Guy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,118 Views)
Solution

In general, this is how you group values together for plotting to XY graph. 

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 5 of 10
(5,115 Views)
Solution

Here are the steps I said in picture format:

XY Graph.png

Message 6 of 10
(5,107 Views)

AMAZING, great help, so many thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,104 Views)

another problem, building like the pic you sent give me the same values on both axis, I have diffrent information on the indicator but it seems that just one axis got to the graph both as the x axis and the y axis.

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,092 Views)

Please show the block diagram

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,088 Views)

you right , the "0" wasn't connected correctly.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,081 Views)