From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event structure: plot attribute change

Hi,

i like the new LV2011 feature of having a dedicated checkbox to en/disable visiblity of a plot (see here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Direct-access-to-Plot-Visible-property-on-plot-legend/... )

I wanted to register an event structure to catch the case when the user changes some of the plots visibility status and display a mixed control.

plot_attr_change.PNG

However, the event structure does not react on those changes to the plot attribute. If the color, line style, ... is changed the event case executes and also updates my mixed controls.

Is this expected behavior?

regards, Benjamin

(2,646 Views)

Benjamin,

this behavior seems not correct to me. Esp. since using the context menu (right click menu) for toggling visibility works as expected.

Filed CAR 312035 for this.

thanks,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,635 Views)

Hi Benjamin,

I found that the event case did register a change in visibility. Please try out the attached VI; see if this works for you.

Alex Thomas, University of Manchester School of EEE LabVIEW Ambassador (CLAD)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,630 Views)

Norbert, you're right.

Alex, sorry I didn't mention that the right-click option works.

Thanks, for bringing this to the programmers 😉

Benjamin

(2,618 Views)

Alex,

I found that your code works when you right click on the plot legend, but if you use the plot visibility checkbox, there is no event triggered.  Is this expected behavior?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,520 Views)