From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error scan from string

hi

i'm using LV 7. i'm communicating with a R&S test receiver using GPIB IEC625. i've stumbled upon a problem, i can't "read" the freq from the device. in the end i have "BFFF0015 Timeout expired before operation completed". the error apears in read trace data.vi at "scan from string". can anyone help me.......

this is what i have:

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,273 Views)

Nowhere do I see a query. With SCPI, a query is a command that ends with a question mark ('?') and tells the instrument to perform a measurement and place data in the output buffer. You cannot just do a read whenever you want to. Try a simple test with a command such as *IDN?.

There are a lot of R&S drivers available at the Instrument Driver Network. You don't mention which model you are using and you might want to take a look. Even if your model is not there, looking at the code used might give you some ideas.

Message 2 of 4
(2,264 Views)

i'm using R&S ESVB test receiver.

1. there is no driver for this device.....i've searched...

2. i tried to query the device(IDN?) and it responds....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,253 Views)
Good that it responds. You will now have to dig into the manual to determine the command(s) to initiate a measurement.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,251 Views)