LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 7 report generation

Good Day,

I seem to be having a little trouble with the report generation tool.  I'm running Labview 7.1, have the MS Report Toolkit.  I have a construct that creates and formats an Excel Report.  It works fine when running it from the developement environment, but when I create an executable and run from the runtime environment, it errors right at the first stage of this sequence, at "New Report.vi".  To this VI I have an "Excel" constant tied to input "Report Type" with no other inputs.  The error that is caught is code 7 "Open VI Reference in New Report.vi->filename.vi" replacing filename with the name of my file (not to state the obvious).

Is there a seperate runtime toolkit that needs to be installed?

Any ideas?  Thanks a bunch.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,373 Views)

Hello,

Please read the section in the User Guide for the Report Generation Toolkit on building an executable out of your VI.  There are many VIs that are called dynamically by the toolkit that must be handled in a special way (specifically, added as Dynamic VIs to your application) when you build your VI into an executable.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,371 Views)
That's Pro.  Reply in 8 mins with solution (albeit probably elementary to most of you).  Works great.  Thank you much.

-
Sean
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,363 Views)