From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -604 by open registry key in Windows 7

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I've tried to read an entry in registry on a Windows 7. The program was written on a Windows XP with LabVIEW 2010. 

It works fine on the other windows XPs but not on the Windows 7.

It always returns an error -604 , and tell me it can't find any keys when I run it on the computer.

Do I need to change the user setting in Windows 7 to do the job?

Wilbur

PS: I have the administrative privileges on the computer and using regedit I've no problem with the registry.

Message 1 of 17
(8,561 Views)

Hi,

This Thread is discussing the same error with registry keys and gives some hints to access rights which could cause the problem.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(8,556 Views)

Thanks for your reply!

One difference between my program and the one in the thread your posted is that I just read the registry but not trying to write or delete.

registry.png

But still it sends me another error -603 and nothing back. I've also changed the access right for all the user on the laptop.

Message 3 of 17
(8,553 Views)

I've try another way to read the registry:

registry.png

I can read all the keys now. But in the list there is no "ProductId" which is seen in Regedit and needed by me.

That's why it always returns error "-603" and tells me that the Key "ProductId" doesn't exist.

Is there a way in which I can list all the keys there?

Message 4 of 17
(8,538 Views)

So when you manually open the registry (start>regedit) then there is no ProductId under the CurrentVersion?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(8,524 Views)

Actually there IS ProductId on every windows computer. 

But LabVIEW cannot find it.

Your may also try this on your own computer and see how it works.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(8,522 Views)

HI wilburwu,

perhaps this helps.

Best regards

Dippi

Message 7 of 17
(8,516 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your advice! I've tried that but it doesn't help.

The problem is I do have any -603 error but the -604 error. That is to say one specified key cannot be found in LabVIEW, though it existes in the registry and can be found using regedit!!

Best Regards,

Wilbur

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(8,513 Views)

Well, it works at my computer without problems. So I'm still wondering about if there is a problem with the access rights.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(8,508 Views)

I've tried the software on a windows XP with LabVIEW runtime, and it works fine.

The other computer, however, runs windows 7 with the same LabVIEW runtime (2010).

Still on the windows 7 computer it does work on the key "ProductId".

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(8,501 Views)