LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1003 when building exe

Hi all,

I saw a couple of thread of other people here having the same "1003 error" when trying to build an exe with LV 7.1.1

The exact text error is :
Error 1003 occurred at Open VI Reference in Dist Copy Non-VI Files.vi->Dist Build LLB Image.vi->Dist Build App Image.vi->Build Application.viPossible reason(s):LabVIEW: The VI is not executable.

This is all the more surprising because this error will only happen on my computer !!! Smiley Surprised
I borrowed a collegue's computer and the build went OK...

After further investigations I noticed only one difference between my collegue's computer and mine : mine has VIPM installed.

Could VIPM possibly be the source of this issue ?? Smiley Surprised

PS : recompling the code (ctrl+shift+run) on my CPU didn't make any change.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,671 Views)

Hi TiTou,

You've probably solved this by now, but if not...

A few months ago I was trying to distribute two EXEs - both of which made dynamic calls - and this error (among others) was giving me "fits".  I think it can happen if the caller has loaded a VI (.ctl or .vi) that also appears in the callee hierarchy - and the version loaded by the caller is incompatable with the callee's diagram(s.)  When the callee runs, it has to use same-named VIs already in memory.  If you see different behaviour on two different machines, are there two different versions of the caller?

No matter what the problem really is (was,)  the attached VI will try to open all the broken VIs in a hierarchy - which can be a huge help in narrowing the problem.  Oh yeah, with the (broken) FP open, click on the broken-arrow to see an error-list that can (but-usually-doesn't) display helpful diagnostic info!  Compile this into your EXE (caller) so it runs if there's a problem running the callee.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by tbd on 01-15-2007 10:58 PM

Message Edited by tbd on 01-15-2007 11:00 PM

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,660 Views)

... Doh!, sorry - a compiler-error. Smiley Tongue

In that case, are the two machines doing compiles under the same distribution of LabVIEW (both 7.1 FULL, or both 7.1 Developer)?  Are you logged-in as admin. on both machines? 

Message Edited by tbd on 01-15-2007 11:30 PM

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,654 Views)
Hi

I am still facing the problem when trying to build exe on my computer and I found no other work-around than building on my coworker's computer.

We have exactly the same HP laptop (purchased at the same time, same Win XP PRO, same LabVIEW 7.1.1 PDS with same toolkits).
The only difference I noticed is that I have VIPM (former OpenG) installed... but I've been using it for months and never had any issue with it.

I'll check on VIPM's forum to see if someone had the same issue and suspected VIPM to be the source.

About dynamic VI's, I read that if a support file is added as a dynamic VI it could cause this error, so I removed everything and re-added all the files correctly.

Thanks for your help, I'll use the VI you posted just in case 😉

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,648 Views)