LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need save my data to the textfile without prompt me name file.

How can i save my data to file with automaticaly generated name file (date,time) without prompt me name file.
I my program i generated name file but i have alredy promp message for name file. I need this function automaticaly.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,776 Views)
Most, if not all of the "Write File" functions will prompt the user for a file name if there is not a valid file name/path connected to the Path terminal. This is their defualt behavior.

Another option if you are using at least LabVIEW 7.0 would be to use the "Write LVM.vi" express VI. I usually don't promote express VIs, but actually like the LVM ones. They make it very easy to write to a file, or series of files and they seem very efficient.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,766 Views)
Run the enclosed VI ( LV7.1 ) and you will see the generated file and its path. Take care to edit the path prior to running so that you have the  correct folders in place.

Raghunathan
Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,758 Views)
Hi,
lot of thanks, problem was solved
Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,726 Views)
Glad to have been of some help.

Regards

raghunathan
Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,715 Views)

hello, from the above vi, i have tried that it works for saving the filename with the time and date. but if the table is wanted to be saved, how would this vi likely to be changed?here i attach the vi with data from the table to be saved in the spreadsheet. how would this vi to be changed if no prompt message to appear?every time this vi runs, there is no prompt message to ask user to key in the file name. i know it can be done by using write lvm vi. but it is supposed not to be the correct vi, am i right?

thanks

pls help

regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,572 Views)