LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to select multiple variables on a block diagram and change them all to read or write?

Doing one variable at a time can be tedious.  It's hard to believe there wouldn't be a solution for this.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,326 Views)

Hi zorro,

Your question may betray a programming-style that most "old-timers" avoid - we don't use local-variables (much Smiley Wink) and we try to group related FP controls/indicators in clusters - this results in fewer terminals on the block-diagram!  I know it's not what you wanted to hear. Smiley Sad

Cheers!

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
Message 2 of 4
(2,314 Views)
hi Zorro,

In LV 7.1, it is not so. But I thought the facility would ve been incorporated into 8.2, but still it is not so.

In 8.2, there is one major facility wherein U can select the specific property when U configure the Property Node anytime thro' its sub-menu.

Experts should try to bring in the facility U ve asked for atleast in future versions.

Thanks & Regards,
Partha.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 3 of 4
(2,307 Views)

I agree with tbd that there is rarelynever a reason for ton's of local variables.

Even if you feel you need many, it does not take much time to configure each right after creation and I see little use to globally change many from read to write or vice versa at a later point. An overuse of Local variable tend to make code hard to read and can easily cause race conditions. For one perspective have a look at some older discussions, e.g.: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=112401#M112401.

To make a new local variable, I typically ctrl+drag an existing one (read or write as needed) and "right-click..select item" to assign the desired control/indicator.

Message 4 of 4
(2,302 Views)