LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic movement-colour change of 3D objects

Hello,

I try to make a vi using 3D picture, in which I could move an object in it using my mouse and changing the colour of some objects when I want, in a dynamic way.

I made this vi by putting everything in a while loop and it works but after a period of time my pc's memory gets full.I suppose that this happens because my vi is "drawin" all the time the objects(due to the fact that everything is inside the while loop).Though when I try to pull the property nodes tha draw the objects outside the while loop I get an 1055 error.

Is there a way to overcome this full memory thing?Is the problem the one that I suppose that it is?

My vi looks like this when I try to pull the nodes out of the while loop:

myVi

//this vi of course doesn't work, I just posted the pic to show the main idea of what I try to do.If the nodes I have over the while loop get inside the while loop, I dont get any errors, the vi runs but after a period of time my memory fills up.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,639 Views)

Never mind, I found it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,600 Views)

Would you mind posting your solution to help others who have this issue?

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,595 Views)

When you want your objects to change in a dynamic way you need to use the objects' property nodes.

So you draw your objects outside the while loop of your vi and you pass references of the objects that you want to change inside the loop

and use the property nodes there.

So if you want to translate and object you use the translate node , if you want to change the colour you use the material node etc.

Also inside the while loop you pass the objects outputs of the add.objects nodes and not the ones that I tried to pass.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,593 Views)

Could you please post a picture of what you did? What is a material node?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,007 Views)

Hi Helen_Ali,

Unfortunately this post is 8 years old. It might be best to create a new forum post and pose your question in some context for more visibility!

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,998 Views)