cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display image IMAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I am new to Labview and will appreciate any help I can get. I'm am trying to display an array as an image and nothing is being shown in the image window on the front panel.

I have a 2D array and used IMAQ ArrayToImage, I have tried just creating an indicator to display the image on the front panel. I also tried using IMAQ Windraw. Both attempts have not produced anything.

I have managed flatten the 2d array and use draw flattened pixmap, but I need to be able to select a ROI and then do further analysis on the image.

Thanks for any help,

Cortina

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,304 Views)

Hi Cortina,

Can you attach your VI (preferably in Labview 2015 using save for previous version)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,295 Views)

Hi, 

There's a lot of stuff to get the array as it is coming from a camera, being saved in a buffer and then being put into the array, but this is the image part. I only have labview 2013 though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,276 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cortina24

@Cortina24 wrote:

Hi, 

There's a lot of stuff to get the array as it is coming from a camera, being saved in a buffer and then being put into the array, but this is the image part. I only have labview 2013 though.

Labview 2013 is also fine.

From what little I can make out is that you are trying to fill U16 integers into a U8 image buffer. I would suggest to change the Image type to U16 and make sure your 2D array is set to U16 as well. It also helps to know if Labview gives an error.

See the attached example.

Message 4 of 5
(2,270 Views)

Thank you very much for your help 

Cortina

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,242 Views)