From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsuccesful build installer: Upgraded product

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been searching the forum for a solution for this. 
I can't build an installer for our software since it keeps failing on an upgraded product. I get the following error:

=========================

The following product(s) are not found on the system or have been upgraded:
NI-DAQmx Application Development Support 18.5

Error 7 occurred at CDK_Utility_GenerateErrorCluster.vi -> CDK_Validate_DistParts_2010.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x7) File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct.
=========================
Nonexistent GPIB interface.

I tried updating the NI-DAQmx and Labview drivers. Got a "can't install version 18.5 since a newer version is already installed" once, but I think that's the problem? Why doesn't labview automatically update the version used in the builder? How can I manually do so?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,449 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DennisvdH

Hi Dennis,

In the Installer Properties dialog - check the "Additional Installers" page.

If it is not set to "Automatically select recommended installers", it may try to use a previously selected version.

The DAQmx version detected by the installer should match what shows up in MAX (My System -> Software).

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3
(2,416 Views)

Right, that got my through the process of building the installer. Now waiting on our IT department to test it on a clean device (that's where we had issues with certain drivers not being included in the installer). I'll update as soon as I've had a response. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,385 Views)