LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Report Generation

Hi all,

I have an issue in Excel Report generation.In my PC I have ms office 2016 version and in Remote PC 2010 version ms office .When I run executable file from my PC it is working fine.when i run in remote PC  i am getting issue with report generation issue.

How to solve this issue.

RAVITEJA S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,988 Views)

Hi Raviteja,

which issue do you get?

Is this "issue" related to Excel/Office or to your overuse of local variables?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,968 Views)

Hi GerdW 

Issue is related to excel/office remaining entire application is working fine in my pc i am able to run the application fine.when i build the executable file in my pc and if i try to run  the builded exe  in remote pc,i am unable to generate report.In my pc microsoft office version 16 and in remote pc it is ms office 10 version.

RAVITEJA S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,945 Views)

Hi Raviteja,

in remote pc,i am unable to generate report.

Which error message do you get?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,938 Views)

Microsoft makes changes to Excel (as does NI with LabVIEW).  One change, made between Office 13 and Office 16, caused problems when saving Excel reports with LabVIEW 2016 and (I don't know if it was "fixed" in LabVIEW 2018).  Given that you changed one significant player in this two-program enterprise, and did not develop a separate version that would be backwards-compatible with code written more than 8 years ago, it is not surprising that you cannot run it on the older system.

Either upgrade the older PC's software (perhaps including its Operating System, which might not be Windows 10), or build a new LabVIEW Executable that has been designed and tested to work with the older PC.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,922 Views)

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/54029/en/

I don't know how strict these compatibility requirements are but since you seem to be having problems on one machine and not the other, I'd say you better give this chart a gander.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 6 of 6
(1,894 Views)