LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display TCP in details

Hi,

Here is a question, is there have any way to display TCP packet in details such as TCP header, its hex string, TCP error checking, threeway handshake for TCP connections (SYN, SYN/ACK, ACK)?

Regards
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,560 Views)
The LabVIEW TCP functions don't give you this information because they only allow you to work at the application level.

You could try calling some external code which will allow you to do this. For example, if you search the forums for "sniffer", "WinPCAP" and similar terms you should find some code examples.

Hi tst,

I'm a newbie about this. About the LabVIEW only support TCP in application layer, can you clarify for me, tell me some examples that what LabVIEW can do in TCP's application layer.

Thanks!

Regards
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,521 Views)
What tst is referring to is the TCP/IP stack model also called the Internet reference model. This reference give you a good basic description of the internet's hierarchical logical structure.

<mini-rant>
It's also a reminder that all really useful [read: non-trivial] systems have a hierarchical structure - whether it's the internet or the LV programs that you build.
</mini-rant>

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 4 of 5
(2,518 Views)

The "Ethernet Packet Sniffer Utility Using WinPcap Functions " should get you part of what you are asking.

LabVIEW offers API's for level 3 and for as outlined in the Wiki reference Mike provided.

If you search the LabVIEW help for TCP/IP you will find examples for level three.

The Send E-mail example demonstrates utilizing level 4 through SMTP.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 5
(2,506 Views)