From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete column in database

That is a stored procedure and is not much good without actually explaining what a stored procedure is, how to use one, and how to check if your db has that specific one. Better to answer with the SQL command.

STOP posting SQL questions here. They are not at all LabVIEW related.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(381 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:

STOP posting SQL questions here. They are not at all LabVIEW related.

Unless the original poster was asking how to do this with LabVIEW. That was my assumption anyway.

Srinath, are you using the Database Connectivity Toolkit, LabSQL or something similar? If you are not trying to do this with LabVIEW then as Dennis said, you are in the wrong place.

I don't have any of these toolkits installed but I have briefly used the two I mentioned a while back. I don't remember there being a VI that will delete a column. By delete column I understand it  to mean that you want to remove the column from the table and not just clear all values in the column. Big difference!

The Database Connectivity Toolkit does have a VI to execute an SQL query. You have to look it up for your database but deleting a column is probably something like ALTER TABLE tablename DROP COLUMN columnname.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(372 Views)