LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data acquisition..........reading input with execution highlighting

Solved!
Go to solution

To me synchronisation means input and output tasks would start at the same time and each output value is read at input at same phase. I agree that @2Ms/s for every 8 samples generated 1 would be read. So does it mean that I would lose 7 samples ? or would I run into the buffer overrun as the read vi is slower than output vi  ?

Rajnikant Singh
Iowa State University (Research Assistant)

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(1,979 Views)

You don't "lose" the samples, the output still clocks out all the samples at 2 MHz.  The input only clocks samples in at 250 kHz though, so your input buffer won't have a point for each of the output samples.  You won't have a buffer overrun/underrun.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(1,969 Views)

"so your input buffer won't have a point for each of the output samples"

Then what happens when the input buffer doesn't have a point for each output sample. ?

Rajnikant Singh

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(1,966 Views)

I'm not sure I follow.  The sample is still generated, but you don't read that particular sample back in.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(1,963 Views)

so I would lose the samples ? then coming back to original question How would I read all the samples without losing them ? 

Rajnikant Singh

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(1,946 Views)

I still don't follow your question.  You don't "lose" the samples--they are all still generated.

Obviously you won't read a sample for each one generated if your input sample clock rate is a fraction of your output sample clock rate, if this is what you mean by "losing" samples then you would just make both output and input task run at the same rate.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(1,934 Views)

To me losing samples meant not reading all the samples which are being generated, so I wanted to know if I can read all the samples generated ?

Rajnikant Singh

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(1,926 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author raj_iastate

You will read samples at the rate you specify for your input task.  You will generate samples at the rate you specify for your output task.  If you want to read every sample generated exactly one time then these clocks need to be at the same rate.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(1,923 Views)

Thanks for all the answers

Best Regards

Raj

Rajnikant Singh

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(1,907 Views)