LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create executable(*.exe) file

Solved!
Go to solution

I was able to create and executable file(*.exe) but it didn't include all neccessary libraries(*.dll), i.e NIVIsSVc.dll, imaq1349.dll .... So just wondering if some one could guide me to create an executable file with all neccessary libraries to run one different machine? I have LabView 8.2.1 and XP OS. My *.exe file is to capture an images from the camera(FirWire 1394) and save to a file on hardrive.

Thanks,

Shaun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(5,226 Views)
Try creating an installer, including the run-time, after you create the executable and use that to install the program on the target machine instead of simply copying it over...even if the run-time is already installed.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(5,217 Views)

I'd like add the following info to my previous posted message:

I've tried to used  an installer option to create and installion package but i ran into a problem under Addtional Installers option, this option is looking for a disk from D:\ drive which i don't have one. Any idea to work around this problem.

Thanks again

Shaun

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(5,216 Views)
When you use "Call Library Function" to call DLLs:
  • If the "Library Path or Name" contains a path, then when the application is built, a copy of the DLL will be placed in the "Support file directory" and the application will load that copy of the DLL.
  • If the "Library Path or Name" contains only the name, and not a path, then a copy of the DLL will not bundled with the application and it will be up to the OS to find the DLL. Thus, in order to do this, on both the development and target machines, the DLL must be in one of the following locations:
    1. The directory where the executable module for the current process is located.
    2. The current directory.
    3. The Windows system directory. The GetSystemDirectory function retrieves the path of this directory.
    4. The Windows directory. The GetWindowsDirectory function retrieves the path of this directory.
    5. The directories listed in the PATH environment variable.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(5,188 Views)
The installer builder is looking for the disks you used to install LabVIEW and/or drivers and/or add-ons. Find those disks. Put them in you DVD drive when it asks for them and point the installer builder at it. It will then cache those components to your local drive and you should not have to insert the disk(s) next time.
Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(5,166 Views)

ajf200,

I've tried to create an installer package but it produce the same result. I can see all the dependencies and all the path but i still don't understand why the dependencies didn't get bundle with the *.exe file. I don't know what else to try. The *.exe alway looking for the NIVisSvc.dll first. I've installed the LabView run-time engine but that is no help neither. By the way, thanks for your responded/inputs

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(5,146 Views)
I've manually copy all the neccessary libraries into the same directory where the *.exe is resided. Now, when i run the *.exe , I got an error message saying "No supported languages installed". What else should I install? I see the supported languages is part of the executable build.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(5,140 Views)

I would start the build process over.  First create an executable that includes all of the neccesary files (dll's and user made subVI's).  Also, select the supported languages that you will need.

Next we can build an installer.   When you build and installer, select the LabVIEW Run-Time and any drivers (IMAQ)that you need from the Additional Installers category.  When building this installer, you will be promted to find the location that you installed the drivers from.  It looks like from your previous post that this will be from a CD.  This installer should let you take your project to computers that do not have any NI software them.  I have provided a couple of links to tutorials on building executables and installers.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3303

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5406

The second link is for DAQmx but it could be helpful.

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
Message 8 of 29
(5,125 Views)

John S.

I problem is that i don't have the CD to install an additional drivers. Is there any way that I can work around this issues.

Thanks for your respond

Shaun

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(5,113 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SC1
SC1,

Unfortunatley LabVIEW is going to look for where the drivers were installed from. This is to insure that the same versions of the driver are in both LabVIEW and the installer you created. The best way to get around this in your situation is to reinstall the drivers from your hard drive. You can download the drivers from our website linked below. In the future if you plan on creating many installers, copy the contents of the driver CD onto your hard drive and install from there. I have made a product suggestion in the past to make this an easier process. If you would like this as well, please visit our product suggestion center linked below.

Drivers
http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/fn/p/lang/en

Product Suggestion Center
http://digital.ni.com/applications/psc.nsf/default?OpenForm
Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(5,074 Views)