LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

concatenate hexadecimal string

Solved!
Go to solution

I am attempting to communicate via serial to a circulating bath, however it requires all commands as a hexadecimal string.  I generate a portion of the string as a constant however I need to convert a decimal setpoint and append it to the end of the string.  I can convert the decimal into hexadecimal just fine, but when I concatenate the strings the setpoint is in ASCII not hex.  I have tried a number of different avenues but am not having success.  Any help out there?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,092 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author techfuturesguy

Nevermind.  Got it.  Just needed to convert to I16 then typecast to hex.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,082 Views)

This is something from my reuse library.

to hex.png

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 3 of 5
(3,079 Views)

@Steve Chandler wrote:

<Code deleted>

@Steve Chandler wrote:

<Code deleted>

While very useful I don't think this addressed the issue the OP had. Rather than saying he needed the data in hexidecimal format I believe the correct term should have been binary. I read the post as stating he needed to send the binary equivilant of the number but need to have it as a string.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,070 Views)

I was a unclear on that. I figured it out when I saw the typecast reply but that was posted before I hit submit.

I still don't know what "typecast to hex" means. The computer does not know what hex is and there is no "hex" datatype. It is something that is a human concept. But looking back at the original post again I see I should have read "binary"

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,062 Views)