From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

colour indiviual array elements

Dear Labview forum,
I would like to colour code individual array elements by setting the background colours programatically.
Can this be done and how?
All I can do currently is use the tools pallet to paint the background colour for every element within the array the same colour, rather than individual colours.
Regards,
Jamie
Using Labview version 8.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,706 Views)

I'm sorry to say, but it can't be done.  Background color is a property of the control that makes up the array.  It can't be individually set for each element of the array.  The only differences allowed between different elements in an array is there value, not any property node setting.

You're options, assuming the array isn't too large, would be to make a cluster that has a numeric for each element of the array.  You can use some cluster to array and array to cluster functions to work with the data.  But it won't allow you to enlarge the array at runtime.

Another option would be to use a table or multicolumn listbox.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 02-25-2008 12:56 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,705 Views)
Thanks anyway,
I have put an array of colour boxes beneath my data array.
Using Labview version 8.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,697 Views)
Hi Jamie,

Here is a related Discussion Forum on something similar. Ravens Fan is correct in saying that there is clusters is the best way to do it.

Good luck!
Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,672 Views)