From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clean up

Okay, I sorta have my VI working, minus one issue. The program crashes when I write my first 300 samples to file. That's such a small amount of data, so I don't think my writing to file is pushing me over the edge on resources. I would prefer not to use the "Write to Measurement File" vi, but couldn't find success with open/create/close nodes.

Can anyone assist? I've used the analyzer tool and cleaned what I could, but still suspect my problem remains.

I am still "green" to alot of functionality, but excited to learn.

Thanx for your time, and here's my code:

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,006 Views)

So, it crashes on the first occurrence of "Write to Measurement File"?  You might want to copy just that section of code into a seperate VI and test it with various data lengths, types ,etc.  This could help you find the problem.

Does LabVIEW completely crash or just your program?  Do you get any error messages?

I ran your program with simulated DAQ channels and had no problems.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,986 Views)

Thanks for responding.

To answer, the whole program crashes.

I could run just the write segment as a separate vi and check it, but I don't think that equates with the memory being used by the whole top level, although it would probably not hurt to make as a vi anyway.

I just ran it again, and it crashed before the write, so I know somethin's hosed.

Also, I've seen that vacuum you refer to in your avatar: It was sucking the atmosphere off the planet Druidia in Spaceballs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,970 Views)