cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing tank color when input from a simulink crosses the threshold

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all

I want to change the color of tank indicator in labview from green to red as the input signal in simulink crosses some threshold. Actually I am integrating simulink and a labview using NI SIT connection.

Thanks

Muhammad Abul Hasan 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(4,406 Views)

You can use a property node.

Right click the tank, create, property node, slide colors, all elements.

You can then look at the simulink value and if it is above a certain value, write the appropriate colours to the backgroud/foreground.

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(4,400 Views)

Hi,

Is this what you meant? (Check attachment)

Regards,

Nitzz

(Give Kudos to good Answers, Mark as a solution if your problem is Solved:smileywink:)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(4,396 Views)

Dear Ian

Thanks for you reply. It works fine only when I run LABVIEW independently but when I integrate with simulink it bypass conditional part in labview.

Muhammad Abul Hasan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(4,395 Views)

Dear Nitzz

Thanks for reply. Here it can work fine when you run on labview independently but if you want to provide a signal from a simulink than how can we do?

It is exactly what I want but this should be perform from a simulink signal.

Muhammad Abul Hasan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(4,391 Views)

Still I am not able to solve my problem. Please provide me some ideas how to change the tank color in labview with the help of signal from simulink.

Muhammad Abul Hasan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(4,375 Views)

Which part can't you do?

Is it getting the signal from simulink, or using that signal to interface with the tank?

(Hopefully it isn't both Smiley Wink)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(4,373 Views)

Thanks for your reply

In labview it display result only in one color when connecting with a simulink. But I want to change the tank color as it crosses the threshold as I mention previously.

Muhammad Abul Hasan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(4,370 Views)

It would help if you posted your code to see what is going wrong (I'll only be able to look at it if you save it for version 8.5)

However, have a look at the attached. Play with the dial - this simulates the simulink data. Then replace the dial with your code that collects data from simulink.

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(4,366 Views)

Here is a little more fancy version that allows you to set a few different levels and change color gradually.

Tim
GHSP
Download All
Message 10 of 25
(4,363 Views)